BlackStar Group Leveled Up With Dedicated Technology
BlackStar Group was founded in 2011 to serve the rapidly growing gaming industry and tournament organizers hosting esports events. BlackStar provides technical event production services for clients by building fast, robust networks and delivering expert on-site support with encoding, live streaming transportation and other technical needs. As their business grew and clients’ needs evolved, BlackStar sought support in overcoming unique challenges and gaining a competitive advantage in the industry. After speaking with several tier-one providers, they chose to partner with Lumen to level up.
BlackStar Group Customer Success Story At A Glance
- Delivering best-in-class Network-as-a-Service (Naas) to event and venue clients while reducing costs
- Ensuring rapid setup of fast, dedicated internet for seamless connectivity and streaming at esports events
- Upgrading and replacing data centers to reduce latency
- Lumen® Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) helps BlackStar deliver low latency streams globally
- The high-availability infrastructure of Lumen Data Centers helps keep clients connected at events
- A dedicated team of Lumen experts helps to ensure a quick response time for turnkey event installations
- BlackStar enhanced their competitive edge with improved agility and response time
- High-speed, dedicated bandwidth that clients can depend on in a cost-effective manner
- Successfully transitioned to Lumen Data Centers for enhanced connectivity
A Collaborative Partnership That Helps Clients Win
Partnering with Lumen helped BlackStar improve efficiency and customer experience, as well as decrease costs for clients. Connection to Lumen Data Centers and dedicated bandwidth with Lumen DIA helps ensure BlackStar continues to deliver exceptional event experiences for their clients and set the bar for technology in the esports industry.
Adam Flynn, Chief Marketing Officer of BlackStar Group, talks about what it was like to work with Lumen.
“BlackStar Group has worked within the esports industry for over a decade and Network-as-a-Service is at the core of what BlackStar provides to our clients.
Working with tier one providers like Lumen is absolutely essential for getting that competitive edge that esports needs.
One of the best things about working with Lumen is the response time that we get. They’re able to get people out and install a service within a much better window than a lot of other services that we’ve had to work with.
Having a good price to be able to hand off to our clients is very important. As a leader in network and security in the esports industry, BlackStar looks to set the bar high for those services. We have esports teams that are amazed at the milliseconds of latency that they experience to access game servers and that competitive advantage and we know that we can rely on Lumen to be an active partner in making those things happen.
The relationship that we have with Lumen and the customer service rep has been a lot more personal and meaningful—more of a collaboration. Everything that I’ve seen from Lumen supports that inclusive welcoming atmosphere that BlackStar Group tries to provide for our team.”
To learn more about BlackStar Group’s partnership with Lumen and the solutions they utilize, check out the full customer success story.